Hey! It’s Lindi, visiting again from Love Create Celebrate. I know what you’re thinking already… Bacon? Chocolates? Just bare with me – it will definitely be worth it!
I’ve made these bacon chocolate hearts at home a few times, and it has ALWAYS gone over well! I wanted to make something for my husband on Valentine’s, and I thought it would be fun to throw in something that I knew he would like: bacon! This recipe only takes a few minutes to make and only has three ingredients.
- 8-10 slices of maple bacon, cooked
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt
- If your bacon isn't cooked, this is the first step. I recommend heating the bacon on a tin foil lined cookie sheet in the oven so that it gets perfectly crispy, without any burning. When bacon is ready, pat it dry and crush it into small pieces (smaller than your silicone mold).
- Melt chocolate chips on low heat, stirring often.
- Once chocolate chips are melted, remove chocolate from heat and stir in maple bacon pieces.
- Spoon mixture into silicone trays. I found heart-shaped molds that were perfect for Valentine's Day!
- Sprinkle with sea salt and place in the freezer for a couple of hours until set.
They are easy to make for a loved one, for your friends, or with your children. The bacon adds a sweet crunch to the treat, and we all know that the union of chocolate and sea salt is a magical thing. If you are still skeptical, you should definitely try these! They are delicious!
I like to hand out the chocolates in a window box or a cellophane bag. I would keep them in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to share them. They can melt quickly once they get into your hands!
This recipe would be the perfect addition to a lovely Valentine’s Day Gift Basket! I’m sharing some great gift basket ideas at Love Create Celebrate today, including FREE Chalkboard Printables to help you Ignite Your Senses, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Thanks for having me here today Jenn!
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, check out these posts…