Hey Everyone! It’s Kim from Starlight Living and I wanted to share with ya’ll this easy and delicious Sour Cream Pound Cake that I’m sure you’re going to love! You likely already have all the ingredients in your pantry and it just takes minutes to put together. I have also paired it with homemade whipped cream which I absolutely urge you to do rather than buying store bought whipped topping – it is definitely worth it!
As with any cake you make from scratch, I suggest that you start with ingredients that are room temperature – including the eggs and butter. Ingredients that are room temperature will help when you’re incorporating them together, so there is less mixing which equates to a tastier cake!
- 3 cups of Flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 6 beaten egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Powdered Sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, Grease and flour a Bundt pan; set aside
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and 6 egg yolks.
- Next, one at a time, add sour cream, sifted flour, and baking soda into the creamed butter mixture. Beat well.
- Add egg whites and beat with a whisk.
- Pour mixture into the prepared Bundt Pan and Bake for 1 ½ hours. Allow to cool for about 10-12 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate. Sprinkle some powdered sugar onto your cake before serving.
To make your bundt cake extra special, top it if off with some homemade whipped cream. It takes a few extra minutes but it’s well worth the time and SO much better than store bought whipped topping.
Home Made Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
In the chilled bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a chilled whisk attachment (or in a chilled mixing bowl using a hand mixer), beat the cream on medium-high for 1 minute. With the mixer on low, add the powdered sugar and the vanilla then return to medium-high speed, beating until the cream thickens and soft peaks form and serve!
I hope you enjoy! To find more inspiring ideas please visit me at Starlight Living!
For more dessert ideas, you may enjoy these posts…