I can hardly believe that the end of April is already here! The last few days have been beautiful and sunny and we have already pulled out the BBQ. Yes, my friends, summer is just around the corner and I can’t wait!
Nothing says summer more than backyard BBQs and outdoor gatherings. I love all of the fresh summer salads that come with BBQ season and this vegetable pasta salad is my “go-to” recipe when I have to bring a side dish to a party. The broccoli, snow peas, and red peppers is my favorite vegetable combination but you can really add in any fresh vegetables on hand. I could eat this all summer long!
- 1 16oz (450g) box of pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- ¾ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup bacon, crumbled
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and rinse with cold water until cooled. Place in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar. Set aside.
- Add vegetables, sunflower seeds, and bacon to the pasta and toss to combine. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Cover pasta and chill for at least one hour.