I saw some footprint ghosts over at AF Creations and thought it would be a fun project for the kids. The kids thought it was cool and I loved the way it turned out!
- a piece of plywood (mine was about 17 inches long)
- black and white paint
- black sharpie
- paint brush and a fine paint brush to outline the ghosts
- vinyl or letter stickers
- Paint your board black (or whatever dark colour you would like).
- Paint the kids feet with white paint. You could also have them step in a plate of paint but I had bad thoughts about this with my kids. I just had them stand holding on to a table, painted their foot, slid the board beneath their foot and had them step down. I nice big bowl of soapy water was waiting for them to step into as soon as I removed the board! And, miraculously, no white paint anywhere in the house!
- Use a fine paint brush to outline the ghost and fill in any areas that weren’t filled in with the footprint.
- Add some eyes and a mouth with a sharpie.
- Add any letter stickers or embelishments you would like. I was planning on writing “Two little ghosts live here” but I ran out of space. I added a “Boo” and the year at the bottom of the wood.
I think that should be a cute (I mean spooky!) keepsake to remember my wee little ghosts!