For those of you who didn’t get over to my Walking in a Toddler Wonderland guest posting, here is my little yarn tree tutorial. I had a bunch of yarn left over from my yarn wreath so why not make a tree to go with it?
- A styrofaom or cardboard cone. I ended up switching from this foam one (pictured above) to a cupboard one that actaully came right to a point at the top as it was easier to cover with the yarn.
- red yarn
- small amount of brown yarn (twine would also work)
- glue (I like Quick Grip)
- a piece of tape
- jingle bells
- ribbon and candle stand (optional)
- Place a small amount of glue around the top portion of your tree and then begin wrapping your yarn around the tree. You will only need to use the glue right at the beginning to anchor the yarn down and then again at the bottom of the tree. Continue to wrap the yarn around the tree until you reach the bottom. Try to make sure that the end of the yarn is on the same side of the tree as you started. This will be the back of the tree. Secure again with glue.
- Take your brown yarn (or twine) and anchor it down on the inside of the tree. I used tape.
I hope you are all having some fun with the Christmas crafting! To all my American friends, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!