Crab Cupcakes

My little dude turned SIX on Monday and I am still trying to figure out where all of those years have gone! It makes me a little sad to see him growing up so quickly but I know that there will be lots of new and exciting adventures with each new age.   We will be having some of his friends over for his birthday party on the weekend but he wanted to bring some cupcakes to school on Monday for the whole class.  Since we are doing an Under the Sea theme for his party, I thought that I would make some “sea inspired” cupcakes as well…

These crab cupcakes are SO cute!  Perfect for an under the sea party!
When I first saw these cupcakes over at Cutest Food I knew that they would be perfect.  Decorating cakes and cupcakes is not a strong suit of mine but these guys were so cute and easy to make!

INGREDIENTS
  • cup cake mix {or you can be fancy and make your own!}
  • white icing {vanilla or cream cheese}
  • 1 C graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 C brown sugar
  • 1/4 C butter
  • candy eyes
  • gummy orange slices
  • gummy fuzzy peaches
  • round orange gummies {I had to buy a multi-color pack for these and pick out the orange ones!}
  • toothpicks
These crab cupcakes are SO cute!  Perfect for an Under the Sea Party!
To Do
  • Bake and ice cupcakes.
  • Mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter.  Sprinkle on the top of the cupcakes for your “sand”.
  • Slice fuzzy peach into a crescent shape
  • Use toothpicks {they will need to be cut down} to add the fuzzy peach “claws” to the orange slice “body”.
  • Use icing to attach the candy eyes to the round orange gummies.  Use toothpicks {that will also need to be cut down} to attach the “eyes” to the orange slice body.
These crab cupcakes are SO cute! Perfect for an under the sea party!
I just love these little guys!  Too bad they were quickly gobbled up!
Enjoy your day!

Comments

Oh these caught my eye straight away! I don’t usually click on food related posts, but I had to come over, they are so cute! I’m your newest GFC follower. Tash

Hi Jenn, My mom sent me the link to your blog today as we are big party planners and are already planning an under the sea theme for Grace’s 6th birthday (in September!). Love these cupcakes. Can’t wait to see all of your pictures and ideas from the party!
    Tara (from work:)

Those are the cutest cupcakes I’ve ever seen! They make me smile every time I look at them. And yes, they are cute enough to eat! :)

so cute! I just saw whale cupcakes on another blog…my baby has an ocean animal nursery, and I’m beginning to sense a 1st birthday theme for him here ;)

How cute are these? What a creative idea! And they look really easy to make. My three boys would love to do these. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

These are absolutely adorable! I’m definitely making a batch for my “crabbie” Grandpa this year for his birthday! It’s a family joke and they’ll all adore these!

I have to tell you…. I love this idea so much that I’ve pinned it three times (didn’t mean to, but I kept coming back to it and pinning it).

My maiden name was Crabb and we’re having a Crabb family reunion. Guess who will have the most popular dish at the potluck?

Thanks so much for sharing this and all your other recipes. You really rock!

I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your adorable cupcakes! You can see them here:

If you have other kid-friendly projects, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

• Jenn says

I purchased the orange gummies from Save-On-Foods in one of their bulk gummy packs. they only had mixed colors so I had to go through and pick all of the orange ones out. I was short a few so I ran down and bought some regular orange gum drops out of the bulk bins and just sliced the round bottom off. Worked just as good!