My boys LOVE their ice cream so I knew that these ice cream love hearts would be a big hit. Use your favorite ice cream and add your own custom notes for the perfect Valentine’s day treat!
- 2½ cups Oreo crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 litre of your favorite ice cream
- decorating gel and/or sprinkles
- Mix the Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl. Press into a 9x13 baking pan. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until set.
- Thaw ice cream (about 1 hour) and mix to get a similar consistency throughout. Pour over the Oreo cookie base.
- Cover and freeze ice cream for 3- 4 hours of until set.
- Run a metal heart cookie cutter under hot water and cut out shape in the ice cream cake.
- Decorate with gel or sprinkles.
You can also try adding some custom layers such as nuts or caramel sauce between the cookie and ice cream layer. The caramel tasted really yummy with the vanilla/chocolate ice cream blend that we did. 😉
When you are using the cookie cutter, make sure you heat it up a bit under hot water before trying to cut. You should be able to cut right through the cookie layer and the whole thing will usually just pop out with the cookie cutter. Push it gently through from the cookie side to avoid messing up your ice cream.
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, check out these posts…