Hello! Happy April! It’s Susan from Love of Home. I’ve got a family favorite recipe to share with you today. This is an easy way to make your ham and cheese a little more special. I got the main recipe from Barefoot Contessa but, of course, I never make things exactly the way someone else does and put my own spin on things in the version below.
Mustard isn’t a household favorite so I used a honey mustard to add a little sweetness and I changed out half the cheese for provolone to appeal to my kiddos. You can really use this method for any toppings you like! It’s a super simple idea for a special lunch or pair with soup or salad for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- One box of Puff Pastry
- ½ pound of ham, I used Wegman's ham off the bone
- Cheese, I used half provolone and half Gruyere. Use whatever your favorite is. Swiss would be great too!
- Honey Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 450.
- Let puff pastry defrost and roll out slightly.
- Add mustard, layer one ham and cheese.
- Add egg wash around edges of first layer.
- Put a second layer of pastry over top and press down lightly.
- Egg wash top and add a few slits to let air escape.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (my oven bakes a bit hot).
- Cool slightly before cutting into 9 portions.
My husband and kids devoured these little melts – I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Need more recipes ideas? I’ve got a whole food category of just that on the blog! Come by and say hello!
For more easy recipes, check out these posts…