We are just returning from a camping trip up in the Okanagan. It was a fabulous trip with the kids. Lots of fun swimming in the lake, relaxing by the campfire (roasting marshmallows of course!), and just getting some nice family time in. I am generally not much of a camper but a few days I can handle!
Well, you can’t have a great trip without learning some great life lessons. Here are mine:
1) It is generally best if you know where you are going before you leave the house. Vague ideas in your head don’t work out too well especially in the dark with a not-so-happy wife sitting beside you. Arriving at the campsite after the park gates have closed is never a good idea.
2) If the kids are playing nicely in the car where the junk food happens to be stashed they might be up to something. Bye-bye gum drops, licorice and marshmallows. Oh, and is that chocolate on your face?
3) Floating around in a boat (even the blow up kind!) is extremely relaxing.
4) It is probably not a good idea to let the kids jump around your air mattress in the tent. Kids have fun. Parents end up blowing up their air mattress at 2:00 in the morning.
5) Jumping off lighthouses can be fun!
Oh, and I have to add I found these really cute shoes. They’re from Lindsay Phillips. The strap is velcro and can be interchanged with other straps. Love them!