Well camping season is almost here and what better way to usher it in than with a s’mores recipe! This S’mores pizza is a great way to enjoy that s’mores camping taste from the comfort of your own backyard! Perfect for those backyard campouts, and summer parties!
We will be pulling out our trailer soon and hopefully heading away on a few weekend getaways in June. I’m not exactly a “hard core” camper but the trailer provides a nice balance between “roughing it” and a nice hotel. And, of course, the boys absolutely LOVE it!
I am always looking for quick and tasty recipes that we can use on our camping adventures and am super excited to try some out on our new STOK Gridiron Portable Gas Grill. It folds right down so it can easily be transported in the trailer and will be great to take for cookouts at the beach too!
One of the other really cool things about this grill is the unique insert grill system that it uses. Depending on what you are making, you can swap out the regular grill grate to a pizza stone, griddle, WOK, vegetable tray, cast iron kettle and more. The recipe possibilities are endless!
So are you ready for a little s’mores delight?
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup Nutella
- ⅔ cup crumbled graham crackers
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips + 2 tbsp
- 2 tsp cornmeal or flour for handling
- Preheat pizza stone for 10-15 minutes on medium high heat. You can test that the stone is ready by using a drop of water over the stone – the water should evaporate immediately.
- While the stone is heating, prepare the pizza dough as directed on the packaging and place on a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal (or flour).
- Spread the Nutella over the pizza dough leaving a ¼ - ½ inch border around the edge of the pizza dough. Sprinkle approximately ½ of the graham crackers over the Nutella followed by the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Decrease the heat on the grill to low (approximately 200-250F). Sprinkle the top of the pizza stone with cornmeal and transfer the pizza to the stone with a pizza peel. Close the lid on the grill.
- After 5 minutes, open the grill cover and rotate the pizza to allow for even cooking. Close the lid and cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes until the marshmallows and pizza crust are golden brown.
- Top immediately with remaining chocolate chips and graham crackers. You can also drizzle with chocolate sauce.
I shared this post at Liz Marie Blog.