noodlehead and thought it was just what I needed. Mail tends to pile up around here.
There are some great instructions on noodlehead but I had to make a few adjustments for mine. First of all, I couldn't figure out how to get the pattern printed out to the right size. I even tried the enlarger at work. Finally, I scrapped the pattern and just free handed it. Turned out fine and I could have saved myself an hour of fiddling around. Sometimes I strongly dislike computers.
Secondly, I can't sew. At all. After about 1/2 an hour trying to figure out how to thread my machine, I decided it would have to be a no sew project. I did have to do some hand stitching to get the pocket and the liner stitched together at the top (and it was an absolutely terrible job I might add). Thankfully you can't see it at all when the project is finished. I also bought the iron on grossgrain and saved another sewing step.
The rest was all put together with my handy quick grip glue and a stapler. I strongly recommend using an upholestry stapler. Since my pockets were a little mis-measured I totally went overboard on the staples.
And here is my finished project (sorry, the picture is terrible):
Too bad the rest of my house isn't this organized!
I linked up with Organize and Decorate Everything.