Updated Kitchen Command Center

Happy Monday! Those weekends sure do go fast!   A couple of weeks ago I shared our kitchen command center and gave you some tips for organizing your own.  Well, last week I happened to be at Staples and came across some new wall organizers from their Martha Stewart line.  I wasn’t really planning on re-doing our kitchen command center but I ended up coming home with a few new things…

Pretty and functional kitchen command center.
My chalkboard was actually starting to peel so I took that down and put up my new organizers.  Don’t worry all of you chalkboard lovers – I’ll fix up the chalkboard and find a new home for it. :)

Creat a pretty and functional kitchen command center to keep all of that paper clutter organized!
The wall system mounts really easily {I love projects that I can do on my own without having to beg ask my hubby for help} and the interchangeable accessories just slide in where ever you want them.  Just one warning – there is a little level built into the wall unit but I found using my own larger level was more accurate {especially for the first one}.  The file holder takes the place of my wall mail system that I had been using.  I have a folder for coupons, papers to file, bills to pay, flyers, and things to do. Although I did really like my old mail sorter, I like that these are portable and have more options for sorting.

Pretty file folders for Kitchen Command Center.
Since the wall organizers weren’t as tall as the old chalkboard, I whipped up this family sign to cover up some holes in the wall…

Kitchen-Command-Center
Personalized Family Sign for kitchen command center.

The other drawers and cubbies hold pens and other frequently used office supplies.  I’m still switching things around a bit but I am really liking how functional this is for us.  Plus the white brightens up the space a bit more.

So, there you have it.  A completed project that I never intended on doing!

Create a pretty and functional kitchen command center to keep all of your papers, bills, and schedules organized in one place!

For those of you looking for more ideas on tackling your paper clutter, you can find more ideas HERE and HERE.  Or check out my Household Organization Diet Pinterest board!

P.S. Just in case you are wondering, this is not a sponsored post in any way.  I just love the products and thought that I would share.  And those file folders matched my new purse perfectly! :)

Comments

Love this! I simply have to have one now. Oh hubby (mine), I got an idea. :) Thanks for sharing this great organizer. di at subjectschosenatrandom.blogspot.com

I love this! We just moved and I’m still trying to get organized, and this would really help! I love the Martha Stewart line, too… everything is so pretty and simple and elegant. I just love your blog and all the ideas I get from it!

Great organization. I have to reorganize our command center and I love this wall mounted solution. I’m going to have to check out our Staples. I would love for you to come and link this up to my Swing into Spring party going on right now. Hope to see you there. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

I LOVE this Jenn! I pass those things everytime I go to Staples, and I’m starting to think I need them in my life : )

Thanks so much for sharing, and the sign looks great too!

I’m so doing this! I actually just did a sponsored post for Staples and totally bummed I didn’t see this before! Would have bought all the supplies! Can you tell me how the boards mount to the wall? Wondering if I could use a bunch of those 3M strips……thoughts? :)

Oh my gosh!!! Love this! So practical and organized… it makes me happy. Can you come to my house and use your ‘decorating magic”? I will pay you with food!! :) hehe

Krista @joyfulhealthyeats

I just found your blog and love it! This cammand center is exactly what I have been looking for! We just bought a new home and moved and I need a system for a ‘landing spot’ for us. Please-how many of the accessory board did you use for your? it is hard to tell the scale from the picture. Thanks!

This post is heaven sent! I’m an interior designer & I’ve been looking for something attractive for the home office of one of my clients. Thanks for sharing!

Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

I bought this system and put it by our entry door. I love it. I have the hooks for our car keys (because I was always losing them), the bulletin board for important notices, a clip to hang bills when they arrive, and I use the trays for cell phones, sunglasses, wallets, etc…

It has made a world of difference. I love how you have personalized yours. Looks great.

I love this space!! I just purchase some of the same items and need to put them up but first need to paint. I am curious if you know the wall color you have in these pictures? Very light and airy, just what I am looking to change to in my home.

Thanks!

• Jenn says

Thanks! The clock was from a store called Jysk. If you are in Canada there are quite a few of them but not so sure if there are any in the US. It was really inexpensive – I think $20?

11. Dee says

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that store in California. What type of clock is that called where it hangs off from the side? I can try to search for a place that sells them here. Thanks!

12. cHELLE says

This is so awesome I had to copy it!! I used it to replace a large cork board we had above our desk in the kitchen that just looked like a mess on the wall. This has really cleaned up my space and we all love it. My son has even volunteered to make a sign in his woodshop class. I can’t wait to see it. Thanks for the inspiration!!

• Jenn says

I don’t think I have ever come across anyone else with the same last name other than family! The same first initial too! We pronounce ours just like Clifford but without the ‘C’.

• Jessica says

Very interesting! We live in Indianapolis), and the rest of my husband’s family lives in the midwest (Illinois, Ohio).

Any time I have to spell the name, I always use the example you left (spelled life Clifford without the C). I think it should be pronounced that way!

Nice to meet someone with the same last name via cyberspace!

Lovely blog, by the way.

• Jenn says

I made it. I just painted the wood and used my Silhouette machine to make the stencils for the wording. Super easy!

• says

I have had so many questions about the purse! lol! I bought it in Canada at a store called The Shoe Company – the brand is L.Credi. It is a great purse – very slim and stremlined but fits quite a bit!

13. Brittney Van Swearingen says

Beautiful! I noticed one of your boards appears to be magnetic, but Staples’ website doesn’t offer that as an option for the wall manager. Is that feature only available in stores? Also, where did you get your metal-frame labels and gorgeous teal file folders? :)

Thanks!