Turkey Treats

These turkey treats are so easy to make and are perfect for the kids’ table at Thanksgiving {thanks to Pink Ink Doodle for the inspiration!}.  We ended up making 25 of these little guys for Matthew’s class at school.  They actually go together really quickly and I think they SO cute!

These little turkeys are so easy to create and make the perfect Thanksgiving treat for the kids' table.
Materials
  • tulle {I found some 9″ round tulle circles at the dollar store which worked perfectly!}
  • Reese’s Pieces or M&Ms in fall colors
  • pipe cleaners {yellow, orange, brown, and red}
  • google eyes
  • glue {I used Quick Grip}
  • small clear hair elastics {also much cheaper at the dollar store!}
These M&M turkey treats are so cute!  Great for class treats or for the kids' table at Thanksgiving.
To Do
  • Place your candies in the middle of the tulle circles and secure closed with the elastic bands.  Leave enough excess tulle to form the “feathers” in the back.
  • To form the head, cut the brown pipe cleaner to approximately 6 inches.  Roll up the pipe cleaner leaving about 2 inches at the end.
  • Cut a piece of the orange pipe cleaner to form the beak {just over 1 inch}and wrap it around the outer coil of the brown pipe cleaner.
Thanksgiving turkey treats tutorial.
  • Cut a red piece of pipe cleaner for the wattle and glue google eyes on either side of the beak.
  • For the feet, cut a yellow pipe cleaner to approximately 8 inches and fold the end into three toes.

Thanksgiving turkey treats tutorial.

Now you just have to stick the body parts into your tulle.  Easy peasy!!

These Thanksgiving turkey treats are so cute -perfect for school or the kids' Thanksgiving table!

Gobble! Gobble!

Comments

Very sweet – literally and figuratively! I make a fairly huge deal out of Thanksgiving, but I think you’re right about it being not quite as big a deal up here! I’ve noticed that with Halloween as well. I went down to Buffalo a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t believe what you could get down there for Halloween!

Hey Jenn, These are so cute. My nieces and kids would love getting little turkey treat bags!
    We just got our link party up and running and would love if you came and joined in on the fun. Each week we are giving away free ad space for one week to one random party goer. Our main site gets thousands of hits per day and The Better Half gets thousands per week. Hope to see you there! http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-5/

Oh my, these are so cute! I was over at the Craft-O-Maniac linky party and your turkey’s were the first thing that caught my eye :) Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
    Stephanie

Question… When you stick the pipecleaners into the tulle does it rip easily at that spot (I’m picturing an avalanche of Reese’s all over the floor)?

• Jaculin Eckel says

When I made something similar for “birds” I found some brown and tan netting “tulle” in a craft store in two sizes and when constructing the body, laid the larger brown down first and then the tan on top and found when adding the pipe-cleaners that there wasn’t as much tearing where they were inserted and more stable. And I also liked the look for the tail with the 2 colors. I had tried other types of candy(bigger), but the birds kept falling over, the smaller M&M type of candy works like the beans in a bean-bag. I also did a peacock, using other colors of the tulle and made a fanned tail from pipe-cleaners, curled on the ends and then glued them to the top 2/3 of a circle of foam board that I’d cut a hole in the center that I pushed the “tail tulle through so it would stand up. The pipe-cleaners extended over the edge of the circle about 1/4 inch and if I remember I ended up cutting the board where it rested on the table flat for more stability. On the Peacock don’t forget the extra short pieces of pipe-cleaner for their top knot(wrapped them around the curled head like you do the beak for the turkey. Use green, tourquoise, blue and brown pipe-cleaners for this project

5. Natascha says

Hello there!! I am from Holland and we love this idea! We don’t have Thanksgiving here but we will make this idea for the birthday of our Daughter for treats at school.
    I love your site!!