Chalkboard Christmas Tree Ornaments

I have been loving all of the chalkboard art that I have been seeing around the blogosphere lately.   After making up our fall chalkboard, I did a little chalkboard sign for our hot cocoa bar.  It’s really quite addicting so I had to come up with another chalkboard project….

Chalkboard art Christmas ornaments.  Love this!
I must say that this is the most fun that I have had with a project in a long time!  Since this little tree is in our piano room, the mini chalkboards are all based on Christmas songs.

Love these chalkboard art Christmas tree ornaments!
Materials
  • Chalk Board Spray Paint
  • Wood Pieces {found at the dollar store and Michaels}
  • baker’s twine or ribbon
  • a chalk pen or chalk {the chalk pen is SO much easier!!}
  • jingle bells {optional}
Chalkboard art Christmas ornaments! These are so cute!
Directions
  • Place the wood pieces on wax paper and spray with chalk board paint.  I did 3 coats on each side.
  • Have fun doodling on your wood pieces. I found some chalkboard inspiration here and here.  Keep some Q-tips handy and a glass of water to dip it in to act as a little eraser!
  • Punch or drill a hole.  {I used my Crop-O-Dile}
  • Add some jingle bells if you like and hang with twine!
Chalkboard art Christmas ornaments.  SO cute!
NOTE:
If you do not have chalk board paint, you could just paint the wood pieces black {or even use mini canvases} and just use a white pen to write on it.  Just a little harder to erase though! :)

Chalkboard art Christmas ornaments.  Love these!
I placed the one larger chalkboard piece at the base of the tree.  It would also sit nicely between the branches in a larger tree.

Chlakboard art Christmas ornaments.  I love these!
I just might have to do up a few more!

Chalkboard art Christmas ornaments.  I love these!

Comments

I wish I had better handwritting so I could do these, they are so cute and original, I’d love to place them on my tree. Great craft idea Jenn! xx

Love these. I will be sure to add this to my growing Christmas must make list. :) I recently got a chalkboard for our home and am loving drawing on it every season. I don’t even let the kids touch it. :)

UH-DOOORABLE! I love this. We have a grand piano and tree room, I’m going to do this this week. I just love it. We are a very word oriented family and have lots of word arts and signs in our home as well as a large scripture painted on the wall for the family. I love it. Great job on your ornaments.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

These are beautiful — and your handwriting on them is so pretty, too! What a great idea to do lines from different Christmas songs. Thanks so much for sharing the inspiration!

Seeing as how I have a slight addiction to chalkboard designs right now, I love these ornaments!! What a great idea and would even make great gift ideas or gift tags!

Hey, In the interest of my cheapness and what I already have on hand… can I use chalkboard paint from a can/with a brush? Thanks, these are adorable!!

nybeca at yahoo dot com

These are absolutely ADORABLE!!!! LOVE chalkboards anyways….and I was trying to think of a fun way to use them for Christmas too!! Thanks for the inspiration!

You can use regular black paint & then prime it by rubbing all over the painted surface with the side of a piece of chalk. Then erase & you can write on it.

I first spotted this on Pinterest but when I saw it again today on the Holiday Organizing Link Party I just had to comment! GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for sharing this idea!

Oh wow! Such gorgeous writing. Have you ever or would you ever do a post about how to write pretty? I am so wanting to learn lately but don’t know where to look.

1. […] I hung my canvas on a nail and it comes easily off and on the wall to turn on the twinkle lights.  The battery pack just sits on the inside bottom ledge of the canvas. So what about you?  Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?  I already have a few other projects done that I can’t wait to show you.  Stay tuned!If you are a fan of chalkboard art, you many also like my chalkboard Christmas ornaments… […]