Master Bathroom – Part 2

Hello! I hope you are all having a fabulous week! After many months of procrastinating, I am finally finished the cabinet section of our master bathroom!
{The blue mason jar projects can be found here}

I still have to add some more accessories and touch up a few paint spots from when the new countertop was installed but it is close enough to call it done!

And since the Before and After shots are always fun….

Now I really wanted an undermount sink {and granite countertops would have been nice too!} but the budget only allowed for a basic laminate countertop.  I also replaced the light {which I have absolutely hated ever since we moved in 10 years ago}, changed out the faucet, changed the hinges, and added some funky knobs from Anthropology {these were my splurge!}.
The cabinets have actually been through three re-paintings which is one of the reasons that this project took so long to complete.  I originally painted them with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White.  It ended up being too cream so I painted them again with a white latex paint.  I then decided that they were white and tried to add  a glaze to it.

Let’s just say it didn’t turn out so well.

So everything had to be sanded down once again and re-painted {CIL Whisper White}.

The faucet was also a pain to install as the original plumbing was really wonky.  I actually had to cut the piping and install new water shut off valves.  I ended up making three trips down to the local hardware store and even carted down my sink on one of my visits!  I am sure they are hoping I do not come back again!  Anyways, if you are looking to install a faucet for the first time, this You Tube video may be helpful for you.

You can find Part 1 of the bathroom makeover here and here.  And if you want to see how the cabinets are organized behind the scenes you can check out this post.

Now I just need to do some curtains for over the bathtub and change out the faucet on the bathtub.  An end is in sight!

Have a great day!!

I linked up with Home Stories A to Z, Polly Want a Crafter, Ask AnnaThe Rooster and the Hen, 504 MainMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Not Just a HousewifeA Bowl Full of Lemons, The DIY Project Parade, Positively Splendid, Simply Klassic Home, 30 Handmade Days, Blue Cricket Design, Lil Luna, Oopsey DaisyUncommon, Tip Junkie, Thrifty Decor Chick, Today’s Creative Blog, Skip to My Lou, Under the Table and DreamingCraft-O-Maniac, Sew ChattyI Heart NaptimeBe Different Act Normal, Lolly JaneTatertots and Jello, Thirty Handmade Days, Tidy Mom, Design Dazzle, Whipperberry, The Shabby Nest, 504 Main, At the Picket Fence, Somewhat Simple, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The 36th Avenue, House of Hepworths, Crafty Scrappy Happy and Delightful Order.

Thrifty Decor Chick

Photobucket

Comments

Hi Jenny,
    ‘ve just discovered your beautiful blo and I’m so glad I have. I’m now a follower.
    I loooooooove your bathroom. you did an amazing job with the cabinet redo and those knobs are beautiful beyond words. I want them for my cabinet: mine really need to be changed.
    Will be back again for more inspiration and I’m now off to some catch up of your old posts.
    rita

It looks amazing! Great job! I love the stenciled wall, the knobs are awesome and everything looks so much brighter!

I’m a new follower through linky follower! I’d love for you to follow me back!

Oh! It’s so beautiful! I am finishing up my bathroom so every bathroom makeover grabs my attention. I love all of the details and the vanity and knobs are just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday!

Heather

I love the color palette. It looks beautiful. If I could make every room in my house white I would but with three boys in my house that’s not happening any time soon. LOL. I’m following from Inspiration Friday.

Wow, so cute. Way better now, especially with the new light fixture which happens to be the exact same that I used in my bathroom makeover (which is not complete), lol. Love the touch of Aqua!!!

Wow, that is one amazingly huge difference! Just LOOOOOOOVE the new look!!!! Especially those knobs – wow. I’d LOVE if you had the chance to link this up over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday on Kammy’s Korner. Pretty sure this is a TRUE trash to treasure story right here…. haha! :)

Hi! I love how fresh, modern and chic the bathroom looks! The wall and cabinet colors are beautiful. I’m looking forward to seeing the finishing touches as a new Linky Follower.

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Your hard work paid off – what a beautiful soothing makeover! Very fresh and clean. Love the anthro knobs, of course.

Thanks for linking to Simply Klassic Sunday!

If that were my bathroom, I’d be spending an extra 30 minutes in there (while the kids bang on the door for me to come out). Love it! Thanks for linking up to the Repurpose-Remodel-Reveal Transformation party!
    Whitney – The Rooster and The Hen

love your makeover….we just “almost” finished a bathroom makeover as well…noticed that we have the same light as you :) I wondered if you could tell me where I could get the shelf that you have in there…I ♥ that!! thanks!

Imagine your own personal retreat that refreshes you every waking hour, reinvigorates the spirit any time of the day, and distresses with each day’s end… spoiling you and your partner again and again and again. With master bathroom remodeling, imagine no more. With trends tending towards creating a personal and intimate area of pure indulgence many homeowners are tempted to undertake such home improvement. And who wouldn’t? Not only does this afford you your everyday dose of luxury but also your home considerable boost in value.
    PlumbArena Heating Supplies