Boo Boo Box {First Aid Kit}

Summertime is here and my boys love to spend their time outdoors.  They ride their bikes, climb up their play fort, and run EVERYWHERE!!!  Unfortunately, this tends to come with a few injuries and a first aid kit is a must!!

Boo-Boo Box first aid kit.  Keep all of your supplies organized and easily accessible.  Pack it up for camping trips or day trips - perfect for summer!
Anyone else have little boys {or girls!} whose knees look like this?

Boo-boo-box first aid kit.
{I seriously miss these days!}

The boys are currently perfecting their bike riding skills so we have had more than a few band-aid incidents this year.  Over the years I have collected my fair share of band-aids and other first aid items and they were slowly starting to take over my bathroom cabinet.

Learn how to organize first aid supplies.
Remember my Valentine teacher gift box?  I used a similar box {purchased from Michaels} and created this Boo Boo Box to hold all of my first aid items.

When you are looking for a box, look for one that has interchangeable dividers so you can customize your sections.  I covered the box with paper and some sticker embellishments from Echo Park {have I mentioned that this is one of my favorite companies right now?}

So here is what I put in my box:

• Band-aids.  Probably at least 15 different shapes and sizes! ;)
  • After Bite
  • Polysporin
  • A Styptic Pen {to stop bleeding}
  • Tweezers
  • Scissors
  • Medical Tape
  • Bobby Pins
  • Sting Stop
  • Alcohol Prep Pads
  • Antiseptic Towelettes
  • Cool compresses
  • Benedryl
  • Adult and Children’s Tylenol
I put the medication in little containers and used a punch to cut out some circles from the Echo Park stickers to use as a label {the dosage is listed on the inside}.  Make sure you use a pen that doesn’t smudge and be sure to keep them out of reach of little ones as they are not safety sealed.

And now you have an official “ready to go to the scene of the accident” Boo Boo Box!  Everything is easy to find and neatly organized.
PicMonkey Collage 1r
Hope you have a fun and safe summer!

Comments

This is such a good idea! My boys aren’t on bikes yet, they are still in that fearless jumping off any thing stage so a box like this would be perfect, especially as I get into such a flap when they do hurt themselves!

I love this! I have two boys, but it seems my only girl is worse with boo boo’s than both of the boys combined! HA! Must make one very soon!! Thanks for sharing.

That is the cutest box ever, such a great idea! My son is now 1 and he’s trying to walk. I imagine one of these will come in handy very soon.

I absolutely LOVE this idea. I don’t have boys but I have girls that are forever getting injured. I so have to recreate this. Thanks for posting.

Love this idea! Hope you’ll link it up to our first Blog Hop- “Crafts for Under Twenty-Somethings”- a linky party specifically for all things kids and teens! Your ideas are perfect!!

Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

i really really like the way you put this together! i’m always the one who brings the big huge first aid kit on all our youth events, but mine is not quite as well organized as this, nor does it look as fabulous. i’ll have to organize mine better & do a post, giving you props for the inspiration! [if that's okay with you of course!]

I need a boo boo box for home and one for my classroom! Beautiful job! I’d love it if you’d link this up to my Home and Family Friday linky party!

Becca
    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Love it! We have to put magic cream on every boo boo. Mind you the cream I use is nivea, but it works each time for the non bleeding boo boos. He he children are funny that way. Last week my little one told me that the bees were hiding honey in her ears. She likes to have her ears cleaned. Thank u for sharing