Kids Art Display

Remember the half finished art center for the kids that I posted about a couple of weeks ago?  Well, I am finally getting around to finishing my last couple of projects.  First up is the new art display wall.

Cute and inexpensive way to display your kids' artwork!
I wanted to create something that could be easily changed and I was going for an industrial-type look {think Restoration Hardware}.

I bought some clipboards from the dollar store and spray painted them a dark silver metallic color {sorry – it didn’t actually have a color name on the spray can}  It was kind of hard to get a picture that truly shows the color but it really does have a true metal look.

Cute and inexpensive way to display your kids' artwork!
Using my fabulous, punch through anything, Crop-O-Dile, I punched a hole in each corner and added some screw brads {I have had these forever but I have seen them fairly recently at Michaels}  You really can not tell them apart from real screws.

Cute and inexpensive way to display your kids' artwork.
The numbers are vinyl cut on the Silhouette.

Cute and inexpensive way to display your kids' artwork!
For the letters I used some old styrofoam alphabet mats that we have had hanging around for about 6 years now.  Look familiar?

Cute and inexpensive way to display your kids' artwork!
A little spray paint magically transforms them!  I really like the texture with the metallic paint.

Cute and inexpensive way to display kids' artwork!
And there is my easy Art Display.  The art work can quickly be changed up and the kids are trying really hard to make some art projects that are good enough to make it to the wall!  And everything was attached to the wall with Command strips – I hate holes in my walls!

Cute and inexpensive way to display kids' artwork!

Have a great rest of the week!

Comments

Love this idea, I might steal it!

I am sad, too, that Vancouver behaved in such a way. My husband says he was not surprised, but I thought that we Canadians would certainly behave better.

I am your newest follower – great looking blog so far!

Great idea! I’ve been planning to do something similar for my daughter’s desk area. I really like the industrial look of the screw head brads and the metallic paint.

So cute! I love the way that whole thing looks, but the ART sign is amazing. Oh, and I don’t know if you posted about them, but I love the hanging buckets to hold all the art supplies. Such a great little corner!

4. Anonymous says

I really LOVE this idea. I just finished putting together new chairs for my kids’ art/computer center and was thinking of ways to display their art. I’ve now found it! I love the industrial look and it will totally work with my style. I’ll try and blog a finished product post this week and I’ll be sure to give you all the credit for this fab. idea!
    -Monica

That’s a great idea. I let my kids have any art work pinned on their walls, but I’m always running out of pins or having to make them wait until I have a minute to do it. If I put these clipboards low, they could have a space to do it themselves!

Love this! :) Following you from MMM. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link up party going on over on my blog right now. The most viewed link will win a set of fancy rectangle chalkboard labels. This week I’m co-hosting with Reasons to Skip the Housework…so links will show up on both blogs! How fun!

Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

Hi there — This is such a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing it. I found you through Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie and wanted to share your wonderful idea with my readers — I have it included in today’s post and I hope you check it out when you can and I hope you grab the Featured Me button for your blog.
    Have a super day and thanks again for sharing! :)
    Tracy
    CraftJunkieToo

I cannot put into words how much I love this! Just linked to you on my About.com Budget Decorating FB page (facebook.com/About.comBudgetDecorating), and I’ll be following you! Keep up the good work!

Tonya Lee
    About.com Guide to Budget Decorating
    About.com is a New York Times Company

This is a great idea! My husband & I were just wondering what we might want to do for all the art projects that have come home from school. And, like you, we have those alphabet mats sitting in a bag in our garage. Now, I just need to buy the cheapie clip boards. Awesome thanks!

10. Tangi says

Thanks for the inspiration. I just did this in my kitchen (just a little differently) and I LOVE it! It displays my childrens’ art, promotes and encourages creativity, and keeps my refrigerator clutter free!

I have been searching for ways to have TODO board at my studio and this is finally a solution that would work for me. Thank you for sharing this.

This is just a lovely simple project that really gives life to any boring wall. Your idea of using old Styrofoam letters is amazing. In addition, the left out parts can also be used with other designs. Thank you for this post. Those who are thinking of remodeling their homes as well as home builders Missouri will find this post inspiring. This is really an inspiration for many to come up with amazing simple yet beautiful works of art.

I have several clipboards, different sizes and I’ve been wanting to either hang one of them in the garage, over the work bench, and I’ve been wondering how to spray paint it or decopodge it. How do you hold the clip part open while you spray paint the board part? Or do you just spray paint it all at once? Would using mod podge be easier, using cardboard stock or gift wrapping paper? I’m not very crafty or creative, so I’m looking for the most simple way to do this, yet want it to look nice.