Valentine’s Day Teacher Gift

We don’t typically give a very big Valentine’s Day teacher gift, but it is always nice to show a little love and appreciation!  When I was cleaning out the basement I came across a couple of those plastic craft containers.  {You know, the ones with the little compartments for storing odds n’ ends}.  And then I remembered this Back to School post from Eighteen25.  So… with Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I thought I would come up with my own Valentine’s Day version.
Fun Valentine's Day teacher gift.
I am soooo loving working with pink!!!

Fun Valentine's Day teacher gift.

Anyways, here’s what I added:

• various candies {chocolate hearts, mini Hershey bars, and Hershey’s kisses}
  • strawberry gum
  • Bath and Body works anti-bacterial gel
  • some heart paper clips
  • glass marble and clothes peg magnets {instructions for these can be found here}
  • chunky clips {I have no idea what these are actually called!}
Fun Valentine's Day teacher gift idea.
I cut out some coordinating patterned paper, inked the edges, and glued them on to the clips.  It is amazing what a little paper can do!

For the outside of the box, I just cut out some Echo Park paper {the little bird cage was also cut from the paper} and added some letter stickers.  I glued the paper down with Quick Grip and added the bird cage with a pop dot.

Fun Valentine's Day teacher gift.
Fun Valentine's Day teacher gift.
I think it turned out pretty cute.  Now I am off to decorate the other box that I ended up keeping for all of my little office supplies!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!

Comments

It’s gorgeous. Hmmm, might have to see if I have any spare boxes to make some.
    I would call those clips Bulldog clips, not sure what anyone else would call them, but that’s definitely what they were in our house when I was growing up.

Hi Jenn – I’m really loving your project and I hope you’ll stop by my blog as I’ve highlighted your blog in my weekly Sunday Blog Love feature!
    Thanks!

super cute. Would be great as the end of the teacher gift or even a super cute baby shower/baby gift. I might just use that idea for a new mom.

This is darling! Love the pinks and reds! I think that I need to make one for me! I made something kind of like this with VHS plastic covers. You know the kind. I would love for you check them out. Thanks for the pink inspiration!
    Have a wonderful week!!
    sassygirlshop@comcast.net

Hello, I just have to tell you I am a 3rd grade teacher and if I got this gift I would probably cry:) It is so cute and thoughtful! Wonderful job! I am now a follower:)
    ~J

I am so in love with this…you have no idea! Why aren’t your students in my class again…?

Their teachers will LOVE this, guaranteed :)

Thanks so much for linking up to “20 Below Thursday”!!

What a cute idea! Guess I had better get busy for my boys teachers they will love this and I have a couple containers on hand! The clips are called binding clips btw.

• Jenn says

Glad you like it! Apparently those clips are known by a few names – I have had people call them bulldog clips and monkey clips too! ;)

I love this idea for Valentine’s Day or even for during Teacher Appreciation Week. I was an elementary teacher before I became a mom, and I always had an emergency stash of chocolate on hand in one of these types of containers in my desk…. oh, and I’m also Mrs. Huston which is what caught my eye while scrolling through Pinterest. :)

9. candy says

hi! i am so making this for my son’s teachers!!! can you tell me where i can find a case like that? i went to michael’s and they didn’t have any. thank you so much! i absolutely adore this!

• says

That’s strange that they don’t have any at Michaels. I wonder if they were just sold out? They are usually located in the jewelry section. I have also picked a couple up {although they were a little smaller} at the dollar store. I’d try another craft store or jewelry making store. Hope you are able to find one!