I bought these Decor Blocks from Stampin’ Up. They measure 3x3x3. Of course, you can always just cut your own blocks but I was feeling lazy!
- set of 4 wooden blocks (3x3x3)
- 4 clothes pegs
- black paint
- coordinating paper (mine is Chatterbox) and cardstock
- modge podge
- Paint the blocks and the 4 clothes pegs black. Remove the little metal part from the clothes pegs prior to painting!
- Cut out 20 squares of coordinating paper (I didn’t cover the bottom of my blocks). Mine are just less than 3×3 so some of the block shows through. I also inked the edges of my squares with black ink.
- Using a light coating of modge podge, adhere the paper squares to the sides of the blocks (leaving the bottom side empty).
- Glue the clothes pegs to the back of the blocks.
- Cut out some letters for NOEL. I did mine on the Silhouette but you can always use stickers or cut out your own letters. I then put the letter onto some black paper so they stood out more on the patterned paper.
- Cut out 4 pieces of cardstock (2.5 x3.5) to use as a mat for your photos and glue on some of your favorite Christmas photos!
These would also be cute to display your kids photos with Santa. You could also just decorate up one block and attach a larger photo.